It’s amazing there are so many choices of mascara now! What is your favorite mascara? Let me know in the comments. Starting at the base of the lash and brush back and forth horizontally. It helps if you pull your lid up a little. The key is really getting into the base of the lashes. Keep sweeping in horizontal strokes, moving upwards to the tips. Horizontal makes all the difference in the world. AMAZING RESULTS. No matter what your coloring, go for BLACK mascara.
Years ago when my children were young I would buy lots of large pumpkins, gourds, and scarecrows for our front porch at Halloween.
Since all our children are adults now, I don’t decorate our front porch at all. So last year my daughter Brittany was shocked that there was nothing on our front porch. And Brittany said in a pleading way, “Mom, where are the pumpkins?” So I just told her, they were too expensive and didn’t have any children at home to appreciate them .. .
So she went out and brought back a tiny baby pumpkin and left it on our front steps. I opened the door later, and I’m laughing … all those Halloween memories came back, and really made me happy.
It’s those kinds of connections that allow me to have a vision of gratitude and bring back traditions and family memories.
What family tradition makes you happy?
I literally wear boots from end of Sept. to May. They make everyone look taller.
1. Buy quality. Dig deep for a pair of great boots every year. Styles keep circling back around, so I hold on to mine to pull back out for years. My 2012 favorites are these low-heeled black and pewter boots by Chanel.
2. Platform trend: Platforms can be a little easier to walk in than spiky heels. That little extra lift from the front can look fabulous, but choose class over sex appeal. Platforms with the front part higher than 2” take you into hooker territory.
3. Wedge trend: These are a big deal right now. If you like the look, try them on – higher heels make legs look longer and sexier. Vera Wang’s Lavender line is what I picked up this year, in black suede.
4. If you don’t have skinny jeans: With boot leg styles, roll the bottom up, then fold the extra fabric over your leg. Then, tuck it in your boot.
5. Leggings Lessons: We’ve all been wearing those little ballet slippers with leggings. When you put on boots instead, it just makes the outfit richer, more fashionable – like you invested a little time into your appearance. Make sure they’re totally opaque – God forbid your skin show through! Throw on a top that covers your bum – and you’ve got a fabulous outfit built around those boots.
Show and tell: What boots are you coveting this year? Tell me what you love about this year’s styles.
When applying your make up, put on your foundation LAST, that way any flakes from your eye shadow, eye brows, or mascara can be swept away quickly. This also helps you get ready quickly because you don’t have to be so precise with your color products.